Paedodontics (Children’s Dental Health)
Here at Serenity Dental, we can see all of your family, even the littlest ones! With children’s teeth, we place a strong focus on preventative care, equipping you and your child with the knowledge on proper dental hygiene and maintenance techniques. Early detection through regular oral exams help prevent the need for future treatments and head off minor issues before they become more signification as your child grows, which is why we recommend bringing your child in at around two years old.
What we look out for:
- Risk assessment for tooth decay
- Airway assessment (does your child snore, mouth breathe, grind their teeth)
- Tooth deveopment and alignment
- Tooth eruption and exfoliation sequence
Treatments may include, but are not limited to:
- Stainless steel crowns
- Fissure sealants
- Early intervention orthodontics
This treatment is available at our Emerald, Middlemount and Dysart clinics.